- From 3 feet of snow and below freezing temps to warm high 40’s! All the residents here remain grateful. There is much maintenance and much planning, this time of the year.
- We are maintaining the Temple Worship and Program; our Cows; and Land.
- Planning – where do we begin? In a nutshell:
- The feed rotational crops are planned – especially the sequence of planting; and seed is being sourced.
- We are planning and executing on “Seva Weekends at the Farm” for the Summer Months with out City Communities.
- New outfits for Sri Sri Radha Damodara are being planned and stitched. Their altar is in need of minor repairs so that is being attended to.
- The Kitchen upgrade is 95%, just needing to install the extractor fans, except that that in itself is a huge project with special ducting, installation, etc.
- We are doing a simple upgrade to our Temple Hall Basement – the Gift Shop is fully functional and we are planning on optimizing the rest of the space.
- Other “Pre-Retreat Season” upgrades include deciding on the future of our historic semi-circle in front of the Temple Annex / Asrama Building and improving the Children’s Playground.
- Cheese-making equipment just arrived – now to make the time to make some delicious ahimsa cheese for all of you!
- Emmett who has been with us for the past months embarks on another phase in his spiritual adventures – we thank him for his association and service and wish him all of the best – here is in in the snow in summer gear! He has been keeping our Deities and devotees warm by loading the boiler especially throughout the night, in addition to many other services.
- And on a lighter note: Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow. Interpreting Phil's behavior, the Groundhog Club emcee proclaimed, "There is no shadow to be cast! An early spring is my forecast!" Excuse us simple farm folk, but weather is a BIG deal on a farm and we eagerly wait Spring! Of course, the “Krishna Factor” governs our lives!