Welcome to our Annual Gita Nagari Family and Friends Gathering!
This year we are honored to present His Grace Gauranga das and His Grace Govinda das as our keynote presenters sharing on a very relevant and significant theme: Principles of Community Development. We look forward to receiving and serving all of you.
The Retreat begins Friday evening and ends on Sunday with lunch.
The cost is $150 per adult - this includes registration and on-site accommodation - children under 16 years of age are free. Accommodation is allocated by the organizing team this time around and is on a first come first served basis.
If you choose to stay off-site, registration is $108 per adult and children under 16 years of age are free. If you choose to attend on Saturday, the daily rate is $75 per adult and if you choose to attend on Sunday, the daily rate is $50 per adult and children under 16 years of age are free. We will implement a "wrist band" registration system.
Please complete both the Registration Form and make your payment via Paypal simultaneously. We will only allocate attendees on our on-site accommodation if they have paid via paypal.
Your eager servants
The Organizing Team
Please complete the Registration form and pay for the retreat using the PayPal button below.
Adults (16 years and older):
- $150 (with accommodation on-site)
- $108 (without accommodation on-site)
- $75 (daily rate without accommodation Saturday)
- $50 (daily rate without accommodation Sunday)
- under 16 free
Please complete the Registration form before paying for the retreat!
- 7:00pm - opening/welcome
- 7:15pm to 8:30pm - session 1 - HG Gauranga and HG Govinda Prabhus
- 8:30pm - dinner
- morning program
- 10:00am to 1:00pm - session 2 - HG Gauranga Prabhu
- 1:00pm to 3:00pm - lunch and relax
- 3:00pm to 6:00pm - session 3 - HG Govinda Prabhu
- 6:30pm - dinner
- 7:30pm - campfire and kirtan
- morning program
- 10:00am to 1:00pm - session 4 - HG Gauranga Prabhu and HG Govinda Prabhus
- 1:00pm to 1:30pm - wrap up - HG Gauranga and HG Govinda Prabhus
- 1:30pm - lunch
Please bring the following:
· Personal towel
· Personal toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste and toothbrush etc)
· Personal water bottle to refill drinking water (this is the best alternative rather than generating major plastic wastage of 100s of bottles)
· Additional Light blanket (Bed sheet and blanket will be provided in the room, carry additional just in case it’s colder at night)
· Insect repellent (as a precaution, may not be necessary for some)
· Sun protection - sun screen, hat and/or umbrella
· Flashlight - For your mangal arati and evening walks
An audience of about 200 guests are expected and in order to facilitate a wonderful stay for all of you, we would like to share the following with you:
· As Gita Nagari is an operational farm, we humbly request to take necessary precautions needed at such settings. Please read the attached “Gita Nagari Code of Conduct” which lists some safety actions to take on the premises.
· A First Aid kit is available here and an on-call Doctor is available for any emergencies.
· Please park in designated areas only. The parking areas will be clearly marked.
· Vaikuntha Guest House guests, Temple Annex guests and Day guests park at the tree line on the left side of the main drive.
· Goloka Guest House guests and Yoga Studio guests park on the grassy patch near the pasture fence-line.
· Please use the refuse bins provided and the recycle stations in various locations - please do not litter.
· Regarding the prasadam serve-out, we will endeavor to keep this as streamlined as possible - we do seek your co-operation and patience in this regard.
· Other good to have things:
· Comfortable shoes - the roads and grounds are not always even.
· Umbrella and/or light rain jackets - with the hot days, we often get cooling showers in the evening.
· The summer temperatures are high - please stay hydrated.
· No laundry facilities are available on the farm - there is a Laundromat in Port Royal town, approximately 10 miles from the retreat.
Gita Nagari looks forward to serving you at this years retreat!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What does registration include?
The Registration price includes wholesome organic prasadam made with cruelty free Gita Nagari dairy for all three days and other amenities on the farm, and attendance in all the sessions. Accommodations is included in this fee if you are staying on-site, on Gita Nagari Dham.
Are there any discounts for parents and family registrations?
Yes, adults only pay registration costs. Children under 16 are free. We request you take advantage of this.
Is it mandatory to register?
Absolutely, yes – to plan for your stay we must ask you to register.
Will there be accommodation on farm?
Yes. We will be starting the accommodation process soon. Going by the statistics from previous years, most of our rooms onsite are likely to be booked within the first few hours.
Are there motels around the farm?
Yes - motel details:
Within a 20 mile radius, we have:
Econolodge - Mifﬂintown–717 436 5981
Budget Inn - Mifﬂintown – 717 436 2127
Super 8 – Burnham – 717 242 8888
Best Western – Milroy – 717 667 9595
Rose House Bed & Breakfast –Mifflintown - ph: Nancy Zimmerman on 717 436 6605 - http://www.rosehousebandb.com/rooms.html - 11 miles from Gita Nagari
Buttonwood Campground - you can book a Cabin with them - https://buttonwoodcamp.com/campsites_cabins.htm - 9 miles from Gita Nagari
If I cancel, will I get refund ?
It depends on when you cancel. A 75 percent refund will be given if the cancellation is done by September 15th. For cancellations done after this but before September 22nd, 50 percent of the amount will be refunded. For cancellations done after this, unfortunately, no refunds will be given.
The reason for the Cancellation Policy is that most of our retreat planning happens months in advance. The bhoga and other items for the retreat have been purchased before hand, so that is a cost already incurred based on the number of people registered.
Can I just cancel one person from my group ?
Yes, you can. We’ll refund your payment for that person based on the above mentioned policy.
After I send my cancellation request, when will I get my refunds?
Refunds will be processed after the retreat.
ARRIVAL AT GITA NAGARI DHAM
What happens when we reach Gita Nagari Dham?
Please arrive directly to the Registration and Welcome Tent.
What if I just decide to walk in?
Regarding walk-ins, please note that there is an additional fee of $30. This is solely to encourage you to register early, so you can relish the retreat.
What if I decide to arrive a day earlier or wish to stay longer?
Please let us know in advance for planning purposes. There will be additional charges for this. Please contact us.
Will there be place to park my car?
There are several parking lots spread throughout the farm. Please park only in that specific lot so as to ensure Emergency Medical Services access if needed. We may impose a fine or tow your vehicle if not parked in the demarcated area
There is hardly any cell phone coverage on the farm. So do not rely on cellular networks to make plans with your friends.
What about WI-FI?
There is no cell phone reception at the farm. We do have wi-fi connection on the farm. However, we wish to broadcast the lectures for volunteers in the kitchen or parents with small children outside the temple hall. So, we do not want a wi-fi meltdown due to bandwidth interference from mobile devices/laptops.
What if I need to make an emergency call?
Please contact the registration tent during the retreat.
MY QUESTION IS NOT ANSWERED IN FAQs?